2018 Ford Edge Redesign– After a full re-design of the 2015 back, Edge 2016 applied several tweaks and remained unchanged for 2017. With the right corner 2018 Edge, we expect to remain unchanged mostly, but there is a chance of updating a motor. Its looks are still relatively fresh, we expect no change in the Edge’s looks in the new model. We also expect no change in the cabin, there are plenty of features to make this interior quite comfortable with its top trims.
Standard features will probably continue. It proves to be true, 18-inch alloy wheels, automatic headlights, dual exhaust, acoustic glass, LED headlights, a 4.2-inch touchscreen, six-speaker audio system and Ford Sync to come up with.
Engine selections are expected to make great changes. The current base engine is a 2.0 liter turbo four-cylinder that produces 245 horsepower and 275 pound-feet of torque. The torrents and titanium trim get 3.5 liter V6 with 280 HP and 250 lb-ft of torque. Edge Sport is standard with a 2.7-liter turbo six-cylinder 315 HP and 350 lb-ft torque. The current edge uses a six-speed automatic transmission, but we can see a new nine-speed gearbox for the 2018.
The regular dimensions of the Kenan put a sweet spot between the escape of the Ford SUV series and the explorer. Mid-sized, two-row crossover is well appointed and offers a spacious enough cabin to accommodate four adults and luggage for a road trip. For the loose bully, Edge has a pattern for the taste of each drive. Base Turbo four-cylinder engine sip fuel, but this fire breathing twin-turbo V-6 sports model that will take a speed demon pulse race. The Edge’s distinctive exterior and comprehensive list of options makes it ideal for the buyers to suit your needs easily, and its towing capacity for weekend warriors.
2018 Ford Edge High
- In-room interiors, engine options, intuitive entertainment system range.
2018 Ford Edge Low
- Expensive active security technology, mixed Crash-Test ratings, ho-hum warranty.
2018 Ford Edge Decision
- Distinctive styling and fast Sport model set the edge outside competitors.
What’s new for 2018 Ford Edge?
Two new options are included in the package list. First, the gray 19-inch painted aluminum wheels, skid plates, grille surround, rear spoiler and exterior mirror caps are the flood sports appearance package that adds a blacked-out look. The package also adds more menacing black accented headlights, black window moulding and gray fabric seating surfaces. Adaptive Cruise Control, in which the flood, titanium and sports trims can also be equipped with a safe and intelligent package advanced-collision alert, automatic high beam headlights, rearward-traffic alert, Lane-keeping assist, automatic dimming driver-adds blind spot tracking with side mirror and rain-sensing wipers. Join two new color palette: Blue metallic and lightning blue.
What’s new for 2017 Ford Edge?
I saw a new 20-inch rim design in titanium and participated in four creative new colors called palette: blue jeans, white gold, Canyon Ridge, and $395 Clear-Mont Burgundy Velvet.
The trims and options we chose for 2017
Until we love Edge Sport’s fiery Twin-Turbo V-6, it’s probably best to get a more pragmatic approach to family transport. From the base step up to the middle flood cost $2840 and double-zone automatic climate control adds luxurious, such as power-adjustable front seats, SiriusXM satellite radio, automatic dimming rearward mirror, rear parking sensors, body color exterior mirror caps and keyless input touchpad. We would like to pay an additional $625 to upgrade to mid-level 280-HP 3.5-liter V-6 and $2910 Option Pack 201a:
• Ford’s upgraded Sync 3 8.0-inch touchscreen with entertainment system
• An extra USB port
• Premium nine-speaker stereo system
2018 Ford Edge Pricing and Release date
- We expect to hit the 2018 Edge’s production September 2017, and for that it is an intermediate showroom in October.
- With a huge change in store, we don’t expect to see a big price increase of the 2017 model $29,845-$41295 pay range (including the target fee).
- In terms of opportunities, there are several attractive incentives including Ford 2017 Edge, $1,850 $ customer cash and $1,000 bonus cash. Alternatively, buyers can opt for 60 months and $1,000 bonus cash for April 0%.
- The key competitors of the 2018 Ford Edge will include the Nissan Murano, Jeep Grand Cherokee and GMC Acadia.
- Front Wheel-drive edge flood $35,620. All wheel drive is available for $1495.